Transmission Repair, Rebuild and Service near Las Colinas
T&K Transmission Repair in Dallas is the premium transmission repair shop serving Las Colinas, Irving and West Dallas. that is owned and managed by a graduate mechanical engineer with over 30 years of experience.
We are staffed by advanced level, ASC Certified specialists that aim for customer satisfaction, while delivering high quality services at reasonable prices. Our team of ASC Certified Master Automobile Technicians have the experience and knowledge to diagnose and repair all of your transmission repair needs with no surprises or hidden costs. We take pride in our work and back it up with quality services in a timely and professional manner. We then back up our work with the best warranty in the business!
Fixing your transmission problem right starts with diagnosing your problem correctly! That’s why we perform our exclusive Multi-Point Transmission Scan Service on every car before we do any transmission repair.
Our exclusive Multi-Point Transmission Scan service includes all of these checks:
- Check the level and condition of your transmission fluid.
- Check the level and condition of transfer case and differential fluid, where applicable.
- Perform a road test, to experience first-hand any problems you have noticed.
- Then evaluate your car’s performance for specific transmission setting:
- Initial engagements
- Each drive range
- Upshift timing
- Upshift quality
- Downshift timing
- Downshift quality
- Passing gear
- TCC engagement
- 4×4 performance
Your vehicle will be placed on a lift to inspect the controls under the vehicle for any possible cause of the problem external to the transmission including:
- Shift linkage or cable
- Vacuum connections
- TV/detent cable/linkage
- Engine performance
- Harness connections
- Ground connections
- Engine idle
- Final drive
- Axles and shafts
- U-joints/CV joints
- Fluid retention
- Pan gasket
- Wire condition
- Scan the computer for trouble codes.
Through these extensive external checks, your T&K Transmission Service technician will diagnose many transmission problems and recommend the right repair for you.
But T&K expert diagnostics don’t stop there. Even, if an initial check doesn’t diagnose your problem, we still won’t recommend a transmission service until we know EXACTLY what is causing your problem.
Computer and Internal Diagnostics
Our Advanced Computer Internal Diagnostics are the next level of diagnostics that ensure T&K technicians will only fix what needed. Many transmission problems start in the computer system of today’s highly technical, computer-controlled vehicles – your transmission receives the wrong signals from your vehicle’s computer system. The T&K Computer Diagnostic Service is performed to determine if an electronic component is affecting your transmission’s shifting or overall performance and includes:
- Using a computer system scanner to retrieve any trouble codes and to determine the probable cause. All critical computer systems in the vehicle are checked for trouble codes, because a variety of systems could cause drivability issues.
- Reviewing the computer system data against our proprietary T&K technical database – the most extensive transmission computer diagnostic source available anywhere.
- Connecting the T&K Kwiktest™ PlusBox to see whether the problem is inside or outside of the transmission in the computer system.
Your certified T&K Transmission Service technician will also:
- Check the electronic components
- Check the solenoids and sensors
- Check the wiring that effects the transmission, solenoids and sensors
Your T&K Transmission Repair Technician can then determine if an electronic component or part needs to be replaced, and make a recommendation for whatever service is necessary. It is our comprehensive diagnostic approach that sets T&K apart, so that you only get the transmission repair you need and your car, truck or SUV is back on the road as soon as possible.
For over 20 years, T&K Centers have become the trusted experts in transmission repair, service, and maintenance of your vehicle. Call T&K first before starting any transmission repair. We will perform our extensive transmission scan to diagnosis your transmission. And for over half the cars we service, we find only a minor repair is required.
If your transmission does require repair, T&K will rebuild your transmission the right way – not just install a cheap junkyard replacement unit.
We will then back our work with the strongest nationwide warranty in the business!
This is why T&K is the most trusted name in transmissions in Dallas and Las Colinas and has been for over 20 years.